Now, you know I only share with you products that I think are fantastic and that I use in my own classroom and home. So, when BiC contacted me to review some of their products for free a 2nd time I jumped at the offer.
BiC's main goal this year is to encourage students to write more often, because writing is by far one of the most important learning tools for a child's academic success. With that in mind, BiC has launched the "Fight for Your Write" campaign to reinforce how fun and empowering writing can be. This campaign comes at a perfect time. For example, our writing block has been removed this school year and there is a strong emphasis on keyboarding skills rather than cursive. Could handwriting disappear from our curriculum? BiC's campaign offers information about writing and tips from literacy expert Pam Allyn to help parents, caregivers, and students make a commitment to write more often. They are advocating for handwriting to remain not only in our classrooms but a big part of a child's home life as well.
Now that you are ready to write you need the right tools! BiC's new back-to-school products are sure to make writing fun, inspiring students to confidently express their thoughts through written word.
This year, BiC has launched an amazing line of children's writing instruments designed specifically to help children learn to write:
- I love BiC Kids Mechanical Pencils. Mechanical pencils are often deemed useless once the lead runs out. However, these not only come with a big eraser but a lead refill with six leads.
- BiC Kids Pen includes stickers to personalize the pen and comes in purple or green. Now when we find a random pen on the floor students will be able to quickly identify it's correct owner based on the student created design.
- Looking for a child friendly stylus? BiC Kids Stylus is the perfect tool for small hands and will be perfect for navigating our class Kindles.
I love BiC's Kids line of writing utensils and I have truly never seen anything like them. BIC also has fabulous products for teachers too. Here are a few of my favorites:
- BiC 4-Color is an amazing pen that provides the convenient ability to choose from 4 ink colors at the click of a button . I love creating lesson plans that are cute and colorful (for my own simple pleasure). With BIC 4-Color I can have the variety in color I'd like with only 1 pen. This pen comes in basic colors, metallic colors, and in a mini size.
- BiC Atlantis Comfort and BiC Atlantis Exact are two of my favorite pens because they provide long-lasting ink smoothness and precise-clean lines.
- Looking for mechanical pencils? BiC has a new Xtra Shine pencil that contains a fun holographic design.
- I was skeptical at first about BiC's Magic Marker Brand Dry Erase Markers because I've always been a Expo Girl. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the rich quality of their colors and the ease of writing they provide. A+
- Last but not least, BiC Wite-Out brand Zap! This is a definite must have when you are a teacher. Make a mistake? Zap it out with the convenience of correction tape in trendy neon designs.
Want to add some new BiC items to your classroom supplies? Want to try out BiC's new line? Well your in luck! BiC has offered to giveaway 1 of their back-to-school product sets to one lucky reader. Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win. (U.S. only, 18+ please).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The count down to my first day of school has begun. Check back in a few weeks to see how I am using all these great BiC products in my classroom.