We have had an extremely busy week full of Donors Choose packages, field trips, science review, and the NYS Science Test.
1. We had another project funded through Donors Choose. We received some fun math manipulatives from Lakeshore Learning. I can't wait to test these out with small groups during math center rotations.
2. We visited the Apple Store for a FREE field trip. We used a program called Garage Band on iPads to compose music.
3. Apple provided each child with an awesome t-shirt and certificate.
4. Students also received really cool flashdrive bracelets from Apple containing the files from their music compositions. When we returned to school we had fun sharing the songs we had created.
5. After many science lessons, experiments, read alouds, and fun it was finally time to show what we know. After Thursday, our performance part of our NYS Science Test was officially OVER! The written part is still a week and a half away but getting part 1 done is a huge relief.
Check out how other fabulous bloggers spent their week at Doodle Bugs Teaching.
TGIF and Happy Memorial Day! Enjoy the extra long weekend!